Invacare TDX2 Ultra
Ultimate Control. Ultimate Comfort.
The Invacare TDX2 Ultra is an elite, high performance, centre wheel drive power wheelchair equipped with the advanced Ultra Low Maxx seating system and revolutionary LiNX smart technology. Designed to be the new benchmark in the complex rehab arena, this powerchair is the perfect mix of functionality, customisation and style that adapts to the clients needs and desired lifestyle.
Key features include:
- Enhanced stability
- Intuitive driving experience
- LiNX Smart Technology
- Range of alternative controls
- Ultimate posture support and shear management
The TDX2 Ultra is tried, tested and tough. Offering maximum stability and safety, the Stability Lock function ensures all six wheels stay firmly on the ground on uneven terrain. The patented SureStep suspension technology enables a smooth ride ride while negotiating challenging surfaces. With larger batteries for a greater driving range, the TDX2 Ultra enables you to go further.
Intuitive driving experience
Invacare TDX2 Ultra customers can say “Yes” to mobility and “No” to compromise. With an incredibly tight turning radius, thanks to its Centre Wheel Drive, this remarkable wheelbase provides excellent manoeuverability and an intuitive driving experience.
LiNX Smart Technology: Redefining Mobility
Invacare LiNX is our insight inspired control system with advanced technology that provides a superb driving experience and allows professionals to configure and tailor powerchairs quickly and more intuitively.
The smart control system enables programming and maintenance updates to be made wirelessly and in real time, plus it has straightforward access to statistical and diagnostic information, giving complete visibility to professionals.
The REM400 remote has an impressive 3.5” colour touchscreen that requires minimal force to operate. Bringing modern technology to the powerchair market, this innovative interactive remote can be configured to a clients’ physical and cognitive ability.
Display only version
The REM500 is a display only version of the REM400, retaining the 3.5” interactive touch screen, and allows alternative controls to be used to operate the powerchair.
Built in Bluetooth
The REM400 remote allows individuals to be connected to 3 devices simultaneously and has mouse mover functionality.
Range of alternative controls
To maximise control and independence, the REM400 and REM500 allow a selection of alternative controls and joysticks to be used on the TDX2 Ultra powerchair:
- Compact remote with LED display – Ideal for those who have a limited range of motion and reduced strength.
- Extremity control joystick – Ideal for chin control with the outer shell being resistant to saliva.
- MEC joystick – Ideal for those with muscle weakness or fine motor control.
- Compact single switch joystick – Ideal for individuals with high muscle tone/uncontrolled movement.
- Paedeatric compact joystick – Ideal for midline mount.
- Atom head array – Three proximity sensors mounted in the headrest with in-built Bluetooth.
- Proton head array – Adjustable headrest with three proximity sensors and in-built Bluetooth.
- Sip ‘n’ puff head array with lip switch – Combines simple sip and puff controls with head movements.
- Four switch proximity array – Ideal for those with a defined range of motion and no force.
- Attendant control unit – Gives carers access to certain chair functions.
- IDC dual control – Allows access to the drive function, controlled by a speed handle with emergency stop feature.
Intelligent seating system
The Ulra Low Maxx seating system can combine up to 50° tilt and 170° of recline. Not only does this ensure effective redistribution of pressure for ischial relief and tissue reperfusion, it also warrants sufficient tilt for effective positioning. Not forgetting the importance of comfort, the ability to tilt to 50° allows the individuals to find a position of comfort optimal for them.
Ultimate recline technology
The Extended Shear Reduction (ESR) mechanism built into the Ultra Low Maxx system reduces the risk of shear which can cause tissue breakdown, prone to happen when the chair goes in and out of recline.
Never lose contact
Ultra Low Maxx has been specially designed to replicate the natural pivot points of the body, which ensures the client’s head, shoulders, hips and feet don’t slide or move when the chair is transitioning between positions.
Modular design for optimal support
The customisable seating system adapts to the client’s body over time due to its varying width and depth options, its selection of backrests, headrests and armrests plus its built in rail, which allows for a range of positioning accessories to be easily mounted to support individual needs.
Features and Options
- LiNX G-Trac technology – G-Trac ensures the directions indicated by the control are followed by the chair.
- Single sided fork – Minimises the front width of the base with no protruding screws or fork parts.
- USB charger – 2 x USB 2.0 ports supply up to 1A each to keep devices charged. Rail mounting feature enables easy access.
- DuraWatt motors – Quiet motors with sealed lifetime brushes reduce potential brush tolerance issues.
- Black tyres and castors – Black non-marking tyres and castors with the black rim gives the chair a stylish, modern look.
- SureStep and Stability Lock – Allows easy obstacle climbing and guarantees a smooth downward transition.
- True centre wheel drive – Allows excellent manoeuvrability in narrow spaces and ensures an intuitive driving experience.
- LED lighting system – Attractive, energy saving LED lights can be integrated in a well protected position in the rear shroud.
- Anterior assist – 5° or 10° options are available for individuals needing assistance with transfers or to enhance day to day reach and function.
- Seat lifter – The 300mm seat lifter provides easy access to higher obstacles.
- Multiple backrests – Offers multiple, distinct backrests providing varying levels of lateral trunk support.
- Choice of armrests – Available with both cantilever style armrests, to ensure an open rail for positioning components, and with reclining armrests for a high level of support.
- LNX powered centre mount legrests – Offers an active seating position and enables legs to be positioned at a 90° angle.
- Hip and lateral supports – Available in multiple pad sizes and are easy to insert, adjust, move and operate.
- Headrest options – Different headrest styles available depending on the level of support needed.
Shroud and rim insert colours
Complimentary Wheelyscoot Crutch Bag with your purchase of the Invacare TDX2 Ultra
VAT @ 0% on completion of valid exemption form
Please call our customer service team on 0800 3777 869 or email email@example.com
|Seat width (mm)||405 - 610|
|Seat depth (mm)||405 - 580|
|Seat height (mm)||440, 460, 480|
|Backrest height (mm)||355 - 505|
|Seat angle||0 - 50|
|Backrest angle (°)||60 - 170|
|Total height (mm)||1080 - 1535|
|Total length (mm)||1120|
|Total width (mm)||650|
|Load capacity (kg)||136|
|Turning radius (m)||1.12|
|Obstacle climbing height (mm)||75|
|Max. safe slope (º)||9|
|Max. speed (km/h)||6, 8, 10|
|Drive distance (km)||31|
- TDX2 Ultra Brochure
- Ultra Low Maxx Seating Clinical Brochure
- TDX2 Ultra Prescription Form 2017
- TDX2 Ultra NB Prescription Form 2017
- Ultra Low Maxx Seating User Manual
- TDX2 User Manual